How To Make Your Online Dating Profile Stand Out
Are you getting enough attention from your dating profile? Are messages piling up in your inbox? If your answer to both questions is NO, you may want to revamp your profile. Remember, it literally only takes mere seconds for someone to decide whether or not to contact you. Not only will a good dating profile attract other members to you, but it will also prompt others to message you first. The two most important components of your profile are your profile photo and your About Me section.
Follow these tips on how to make your online dating profile stand out and you’ll be meeting plenty of people in no time at all.
1. Your Profile Photo
This is your main picture. It’s the front door to your dating profile. Choose it wisely!
Use a high quality headshot that is a recent photo of YOURSELF that shows your face. Never upload a photo that makes you look like you just rolled out of bed.
Pick a picture that shows you engaging in your favorite indoor or outdoor hobbies. What you’re doing in the photos can influence how you’re perceived. It can be a great conversation starter too.
Smile! There’s no such thing as an ugly smile. It’s your way of saying “Hello. I’m nice, normal, warm, and friendly. And, you want to talk to me.”
2. Things To Avoid When Choosing Your Profile Photo
1. Avoid sexually explicit photos and photos of children, objects, and animals by themselves. Big NO NO on our site. Just, no!
2. Avoid uploading group photos. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with pictures showing your sociable or familial side, but these are not ideal for a profile photo. Who wants to engage in a guessing game? People are just not going to bother. This is a sure way to make your online dating profile stand out in a bad way. Stick to a solo photo.
3. Avoid wearing sunglasses. It’s not a good idea to wear sunglasses as it sends a message that you could be hiding something.
4. Avoid using photos that show you laying in bed or sofa or taking selfies in the bathroom. These type of photos make you look lazy/unmotivated. If you can’t present yourself in a good way online you must be awful in person, right?
5. Avoid using fake photos. Why even bother? What’s the point? It’s not you!
3. Keep Updating Your Profile Photo
You may think that once you’ve created your profile, you’re finished. Wrong. It’s a good idea to keep updating your profile photo. Why? If you’ve been on our site longer than you expected that could only mean one thing. Your profile photo is not attracting enough attention from other members. If that is the case, we highly suggest that you change your profile photo as often as you can. To update your photo, simply click on the EDIT PROFILE button in the Members page of our site.
4. Your Dating Search
Make The First Move. Don’t wait for someone to contact you. Send an email, private chat message, Skype invite, wink or virtual gift. Consider joining our group chat rooms to get more visibility. The more members you meet, the sooner you get to accomplish that all-important goal of finding your potential life partner.